Breast IS Best!

Hi, I'm Jenny. Mom to 4 beautiful children. Currently nursing my last child. She was born 11/30/2005. I am currently pursuing my dream of becoming a Lactation Consultant. At the same time, I'd love to write about it, and help those with any issues.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Breastfeeding in public

I spoke to a young girl today about breastfeeding her baby.. She's really shy.. She's trying to nurse a two week old, and you know how difficult that can be.. especially your first baby.. So I'm telling her go in front of a mirror and nurse.. get used to putting a blanket over the baby, so this way the baby gets used to it took..etcetc.. well she asked how I got used to nursing in public.. Well I did get over it with my first baby, but I had that fear again with my second baby..

I would get all nervous any time the baby would start to fuss.. It would bring attention to me, etc.. Well with my second baby, I messed up my materinity leave.. My daughter was almost 2 weeks late, so I took off later, had the baby later, and the baby was going to be a month old, was only 2 weeks old.. when we went to Walt Disney World. We had a WONDERFUL vacation.. check out Orlando Vacation Home Your gonna love them! So There we are, in Sunny Floria.. I didn't want to really leave the place cause it was gorgeous, but I had another daughter who was 3 who wanted to see Disney World.. So there I'd go, trekking all over disney world.. Well when the baby would get fussy, I'd just nurse here WHEREVER.. Actually even before she'd get hungry, because I was afraid she'd dehydrate.. So we nursed all over disney and hardly EVER in the nice mother's room they have for us.. I would just pop a squat anywhere I was.. I didn't care.. I took on the attitude with I don't know these people.. And I didn't.. and nobody made me feel uncomforable... Nobody made you feel uncomfortable.. But what helps is that most of those people in Disney are from different countries, and cultures, maybe a little more laxed then we are in America.. It was sooo nice..

So nursing in Disney is a great way to get over the fear.. *smile*
Baby Photo Contest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home