Breast IS Best!

Hi, I'm Jenny. Mom to 4 beautiful children. Currently nursing my last child. She was born 11/30/2005. I am currently pursuing my dream of becoming a Lactation Consultant. At the same time, I'd love to write about it, and help those with any issues.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Attack of the farting pump!!

With my other kids, I went back to work at 8 weeks. I pumped and pumped and pumped.. My goodness.. I felt I was attached to that pump 24-7. Actually.. I always thought I suffered from low milk supply. My mother had me believing that that was the case.. It wasn't I now know.. As my kids NEVER lost weight.. They always gained.. so they weren't starving, and my little Ella is doing the same type of things the other girls did when mom thought they were starving..


Well with my two other girls, I can remember hooking my pump up to my cigarette lighter.. setting up my pump in the car, and pumping 1 hour straight on my way to work. Can you imagine?? Wait that's not the best part.. One time, I was going through the toll booth, and I pulled the shirt down OVER the pump.. Trying to hide the pump. I got up to the toll booth, and the pump started to slide and began making this really bad sound.. Just think of taking your mouth onto someones stomach and blowing it slow where it sounds like a "Fart" but it was making these farting sounds but they were OBVIOUSLY coming from my chest. I was waiting for the change of my $5.00 (1.00 toll) and the guy says.. What is that noise!? Well I first was going to answer him, but then decided nah.. Keep the $4.00 and I sped off.. If that wasn't bad enough, I was mortified.. BUT it gets better.. I got unhook the pum and realize 1/2 my bottle had poured out onto my shirt! CAN YOU IMAGINE that?!?! I had to keep a coat on 1/2 the day and get the million dollar questions.. "Are you cold?!" "Are you leaving?!?!"


The joys of breastfeeding!! :) It really is WONDERFUL.. *smile*


Powered by Qumana

Baby Photo Contest

1 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's another good 'pumping' story. I pumped in my private office that faced out to a call center floor that had about 60 phone agents on it. One afternoon I go to pull the blinds and my fellow co-workers had removed the blinds. When I stepped out of the office, these knuckleheads were actually laughing so hard they were on the floor! I guess they thought I wouldn't notice the blinds were missing and I would just pump there in front of everyone! To this day whenever I run into them, I hear about when they took my blinds!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home