Breast IS Best!

Hi, I'm Jenny. Mom to 4 beautiful children. Currently nursing my last child. She was born 11/30/2005. I am currently pursuing my dream of becoming a Lactation Consultant. At the same time, I'd love to write about it, and help those with any issues.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Meet Ella...






My latest little nursling's name is "Eleanor Jane" but we call her "Ella". She had an expected c-section date, but she came Earlier then expected at 35.5 weeks. My little preemie entered this world 1 month early, with very minor issues at first. She was in the NICU only for a few hours. She had rapid breathing, and her blood sugar was low. They regulated it, and I was finally able to see her seven hours after birth.


I don't know how parents do it.. I was freaking out. Here I had this baby insdie me for 8 months, and I was so in-love with her. I wanted to see her, touch her, feel her.. And I couldn't. I had a c-section, and I couldn't be with her.. I wanted to nurse her. I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to nurse her, ever. Was afraid she wouldn't know how to nurse.


They brought her into me, and she held her mouth wide open. I kept trying to get her to latch and she just wouldn't.. I was so scared.. I was really discouraged. Finally about a 1/2 hour later, I tried again and HOLY MACKERAL!! She had some suck on her.. She KILLED me.. She had hurt me so bad those first few days.. I was cracked and bleeding.. Each time she'd latch on, I'd hold my breath for the most excruciating pain..


I actually had to work with her to lessen the suction. Now she's my little pro. Out of the three girls, she is the best nursling. The other babies were sleepy babies.. not her.. she was ready to eat when she'd wake up.. She would be awake and go to town .. She is such a textbook baby, eat and sleep. I just can't believe she's getting out of the newborn stage and turning into an infant. Just wanted to share some pictures of her.


Powered by Qumana

Baby Photo Contest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home