Breast IS Best!

Hi, I'm Jenny. Mom to 4 beautiful children. Currently nursing my last child. She was born 11/30/2005. I am currently pursuing my dream of becoming a Lactation Consultant. At the same time, I'd love to write about it, and help those with any issues.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Breastfeeding and Medications

I hear it over and over again.. Don't take any meds.. Or I couldn't breastfeed because I was on such and such.. Or I had to stop breastfeeding because I had to start up on such and such medicine..etc..etc.. Sometimes they are very real concerns.. Other times?! Well..

Most medicines can be continued when Breastfeeding.. Actually a lot of time very little amounts of the medicines will be in the milk, but usually not enough to really do anything to the baby.. most of the time they are safe..

Speaking about medicines.. I have a friend who's father just had a heartattack. My friend is suspcious of Vioxx.. She should DEFINATELY check out Vioxx Lawsuit. She might have a good case on her hands.. And who better to have her checking it out for her?! The best of the best.

Anyway I always get side tracked.. But really.. before you quit breastfeeding.. check it out with a lactation consultant, or the LLL, cause many times you will NOT have to discontinue it. Keep nursing that nursling!
Baby Photo Contest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home