Breast IS Best!

Hi, I'm Jenny. Mom to 4 beautiful children. Currently nursing my last child. She was born 11/30/2005. I am currently pursuing my dream of becoming a Lactation Consultant. At the same time, I'd love to write about it, and help those with any issues.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Spina Bifida

Been thinking about possibly suing my daughters first pediatrician.

My first daughter, Lidia.. Was born with a hemangioma in her diaper area. I was a little freaked out by it, because everytime I changed her diaper, it would break open and bleed. Well I researched and researched, and was even suggested by one of the doctors in my office to get a MRI done of it. I would march into the Peds office and tell him, I needed to get her back checked out with a MRI, and always marched out with no script to do it. He would tell me I was a crazy new mom..etc. etc.. Well.. I was worried!! After a 4 month struggle with him, he FINALLY sent me to a dermatologist.

The Dermatologist agreed with me and said sometimes a birthmark covers up a birth defect. He also wanted to get some kind of diagnostic imaging done of that area.. So I left the office and immediately called the pediatrician who said e could wait till next appointment (3 weeks away).. Now my daughter is 4.5 months old.. We get the MRI done, and she has Spina Bifida with a tethered spinal cord.. I'm told to get her in with a pediatric Neurosurgeon ASAP because with this condition, it can cause nerve damage each time she has a growth spurt.. Think about how many times she had a growth Spurt from birth to 4.5 months. Well to make a long story short.. we had her surgery at 5.5 months.

My daughter endured a lot.. you'd never know that right now.. She looks perfect.. but this doctor played russian roulette with my daughters life.. She could be totally crippled.. and it would have been his fault.. Luckily she's not, but she does have nerve damage.. She can't hold her bladder too long.. AND at night when she's sleeping.. if she wakes up to pee.. the minute her feet hit the floor it just comes out.. we have gone through about 5 underpants in one night.. She also can't feel whether or not she has to pee, or poo.. I just hate this man for not listening to me..

I'm looking into these NY lawyers http://www.fightingforyou.com/index.html because they really seem very knowledgeable. They have a lot of services to offer. I will have to blog back and let you all know how my experience with this company goes.

Whatever you do as a mother.. believe in your OWN tuition.. WE KNOW!
Baby Photo Contest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home