Breast IS Best!

Hi, I'm Jenny. Mom to 4 beautiful children. Currently nursing my last child. She was born 11/30/2005. I am currently pursuing my dream of becoming a Lactation Consultant. At the same time, I'd love to write about it, and help those with any issues.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My breastfed baby slept through the night!

You know the #1 question after you have a baby..  "Are you getting any sleep?" or  "How you handling running on little sleep!" Well I would smile and say.. "Oh no, she is such a good baby.. She has slept through the night since she was two weeks old!!


After the birth of Eleanor (we call her Ella) I had some major complications with my c-section healing.  Basically, I was given a hospital borne infection.  Therefore my incision wasn't healing, instead the blood was just pooling, and two days after coming home from the hospital they had to open me all back up.  I went in to get my staples removed, and they actually in the office opened it all back up and stuffed it.. I mean packed it.. I felt like a gauze dispenser! I was so grossed out.. Anyway.. I tell you all this to say I had to live with my mom for a few weeks so she could take care of me.  Instead of hiring a visiting nurse for $40.00 a day, I moved in with my visiting nurse.  My mom is a wonderful nurse.  So she'd have the joys of packing my stomach for many weeks as it had to heal from the inside out. 


Anyway, one day she heard me telling someone that the baby was sleeping through the night, and has since two weeks old.. She just smirked when I said it.. I said.. "What.. She is!! " She said.. "No, I hear her every night crying. she's up every 3-4 hours.  I said.. "Well are you taking care of her? Cause I'm not.. I don't hear her!" She said.. "Jen, I've watched you.. You roll over, give her a boob and let her eat" I said.. "Your kidding me! I dont' even know that I'm doing it.. and I really don't..


I am so darn lazy.. I can't imagine getting up to make the baby a bottle.. Oh my goodness.. It's so nice to be able to sleep through the night.. *smile*  I will tell you now.. she really is sleeping through the night.. *smirk* I think. 


Powered by Qumana


Baby Photo Contest

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger smbwallace said…

    Haha, well in that case mine slept through the night the whole time too, and here I was thinking they didn't start sleeping through the night unti they were three or so years old! I always slept with mine and nursed them through the night, too.

    Great job on doing the best thing in the world for your babies and for sharing it with everyone. We need more stuff like this out there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home