Breast IS Best!

Hi, I'm Jenny. Mom to 4 beautiful children. Currently nursing my last child. She was born 11/30/2005. I am currently pursuing my dream of becoming a Lactation Consultant. At the same time, I'd love to write about it, and help those with any issues.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Why Breastfeeding?

Hi, I'm Jenny.... I'm 30 years old, currently breastfeeding my fourth and final booby baby! She's just 11 weeks old, but who's really counting.. I mean she's child #4.. so she's somewhere around that age.. LOL! Her name is Eleanor and she's been my easiest nursling. She's my little dream machine! She was early.. And for a preemie I was very anxious during my c-section if she was going to nurse or not.. All I could think of.. oh God.. This baby needs to be healthy and know how to suck.. I was sooo scared.. My last baby (did a tubal right there.) All I wanted was that bond.. Isn't it an awesome bond? I love it.

Well my precious baby girl came out with a few problems.. She had low blood sugar, and she wasn't breathing too great on her own. Luckily I was able to nurse her just 7 hours after birth. At first she didn't know what to do.. I was mortified. If anyone had PPD it was gonna be me if she didn't nurse.. Well about 15 minutes later, I tried again.. and that little champ, clamped on.. (literally) clamped on, and went to town.. She was a CHAMP.. and I was rooting her on!! WOOHOO!!!

We've had some small issues in the beginning but now we are both pros. And we dont' care where we are.. if she's gotta eat.. It's time to eat, end of story!!
She's doing well.. gaining slowly, but that's ok.. she's doing fine.

Anyway.. I have started this blog, because I am pursuing my dream (since the birth of my first daughter) of becoming a Lactation Consultant. I want to help other mommies through problems and issues that arise. I feel I've been through so much with my own nurslings, that I could help women going through it. I also would love to make a difference on the number of women who currently use formula instead of breast. BREAST IS BEST!
Baby Photo Contest

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home